The Fragrance of the Knowledge of Him
- A few days ago, I sat across the table from a homeless man who was telling me, with intense feeling and inebriated words, yet still reasoning, that this is an evil world. He was telling me what life was like for him. He was trying with a great deal of passion to describe to me what it’s like to live life with one goal in mind . . . (Read the full article.)
Raising Disciples of Christ
- I’ve never worked harder at anything in my life than I have at being a mom. That isn’t because I had nine children in fifteen years, but because I cared about it so intensely. I was determined to be the perfect mom. I didn’t really know what a perfect mom looked like, but I knew my goal: ....(Read the full article.)
Discipleship Article Archives
The Sabbath's Rest: A Spiritual Discipline - The Book of Ecclesiastes reminds us that there is a time and season for everything under the sun. Yet there is one couplet I think the author should have included on his list: "there is a time to work and a time to rest." In our overstretched society and with the coming of the personal computer, PDA, blackberry, cell phone and more, work has invaded even the sanctity of the home. As a result, there has been much talk about rest,... (Read the full article.)
Godly Women & Finances
- The income of the median household has been crushed by the weight of recession, falling 3.6% after inflation was taken into account, according to the Economic Policy Institute (EPI). This is the largest one-year decline since the data series was begun in 1967.
How Godly women view or handle their finances is no different than how they handle any other aspect of their lives....(Read the full article.)
- A Congo citizen once prayed, "Dear Lord, You be the needle and I will be the thread. You go first and I will follow wherever You may lead."
What a beautiful picture of discipleship,
following the Lord from a love and trust relationship that continues to develop. . . (Read the full article.)
How to Study the Bible
- This article includes 6 principles to use when interpreting a verse or a passage of Scripture, 10 steps to follow, and 7 useful tools. (Read the full article.)
How to Start a Bible Study
- Bible study is a top priority for an effective ministry to women. With numerous choices available, how do we, as women's ministry leaders, determine what will best meet the needs of today's woman? (Read the full article.)
Thoughts on Mentoring . . . With Perspective of Age - At this stage of my life, I find myself with about 6 women who consider me a 'mentor' Some of them were assigned by the District Licensing/Ordaining/Consecrating Council because they are in the process of studying for consecration. Some know I am officially retired, so they have asked me to do this ministry, figuring I have more 'free time'. Still others tell me they feel they can relate to me and want my years of wisdom and experience to impact their lives . . . and who can turn that down? (Read the full article.)
2011-2012 Monthly Discipleship Themes - "Simply Fragrant"
2010-2011 Monthly Discipleship Themes - "On the Move"
2009-2010 Monthly Discipleship Ideas - "Pass the Salt"
2008-2009 Monthly Discipleship Ideas - "Thirst Quenchers"